DWC cargo volume rises 7.1% in the first half of 2018


Cargo volumes at Dubai World Central (DWC) grew to 475,190 tonnes in the first half of the year – a year-on-year (YOY) increase of 7.1 per cent compared to 443,835 tonnes recorded last year,Operator Dubai Airports said after a robust growth of nearly nine per cent in first quarter, cargo volumes at DWC reached 245,359 tonnes in the second quarter, up 5.4 per cent on the 232,691 tonnes during the same period last year.Flight movements during the first half totalled 16,069 compared to 18,373, down 12.5 per cent recorded during the corresponding period in 2017.DWC is served by eight belly carriers, operating an average of 95 flights weekly to 14 international destinations and 26 scheduled freighter operators flying to 70 destinations around the world.

READ ALSO  Two New Categories for Sustainability and Technology launched for the Multimodal 2021 Awards in October
xyz xyz
Devender was born in the year when the Beatles Group was formed. He holds two master’s degrees in English Literature and Public Administration. He also has an Honors degree in English Literature and a post-graduate diploma in Corporate Communications and Public Relations. He was closely associated with the Indian State Transport Undertakings and Ministry of Transport in his role as Corporate Communications and PR specialist for over two decades handling domestic and international organizations. He ventured into business forming his own Media House, Profiles Media Network Private Limited which is now a twenty years old company. Excelling as an editor, Marketing, PR, Anchor, and Advertising specialist, he is now expertly navigating the world of social media. A widely traveled professional internationally, Devender has a deep understanding of the Air Cargo, Cargo Business, Cargo Airports, Freighters and Cargo Industry at large.